About this Journal
|Mohammad Ali Salmani Nodoushan|
|Iranian Institute for Encyclopedia Research|
|Title:||International Journal of Language Studies|
|ISSN:||2157-4898 (Print) & 2157-4901 (Online)|
|Impact Factor:||Not available yet|
|Publication Dates:||January, April, July, October|
|Themes:||Applied Linguistics; Linguistics; Language Research|
|Country of Publication:||United States of America|
|Language of Text:||Standard American/British English|
|Format:||Print & Online|
|Serial Type:||Academic/Scholarly Journals|
|Indexed:||ERA, LB, LLBA, etc. (For more info, Click HERE)|
|Paper Review Policy:||Doubly-masked, peer-reviewed|
|Peer Review Time:||4 to 6 months (pending access to reviewers)|
|Subscription-Based||Yes; EBSCO & RICeST|
|Print Format:||Print-on-Demand (POD); Lulu Press Inc.|
|Acceptable Paper Length:||8,000 to 10,000 words|
|Editorial Style:||APA Editorial Style|
|Submission Types:||Research Papers, Transfer Papers, Book Reviews|
|Paper Acceptance Rate:||13.39% (in 2015. Book reviews not included)|
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Language Studies operates on a double-blind peer review policy; it publishes papers which report the findings of original research on the current trends and topics in applied linguistics, linguistics, and language research. It also invites 'state-of-the-art' as well as 'review' papers which critically reflect on current practices in these fields. Contributions handling (applied) linguistic problems in a principled way by reference to theoretical studies are of major interest for IJLS. The materials suitable for publication in IJLS belong in the following categories:
- Reports of original research
- Conceptual articles
- Review/Transfer papers
- State-of-the-art articles
- Book reviews (Note: Book-review authors may want to contact us for PDF copies of the books available for review; book publishers/authors may want to send us PDF copies of their published books for review.)
The journal also aims at providing a forum which makes connections between fields, theories, research methods, and scholarly discourses. For a list of the major themes covered by IJLS please see our Call for Papers page.
In addition to the PAPERS section, there is room for a FORUM section in each issue which aims at enhancing debate between authors and the wider community of applied linguists; the forum section is dedicated to short pieces of writing which are typically 'responses' to a published article, a short research note or report, or a commentary on research issues or professional practices. The Journal also contains a REVIEW section which is dedicated to “State of the Art” papers or "Critical Book Reviews."
Although occasionally papers of any length, if justified, are published, IJLS recommends that contributions should NOT exceed a length of 10 000 words.
The International Journal of Language Studies is covered by the following Abstracting/Indexing (A&I) services:
|Cabell's Directories of Publishing Opportunities|
|Communication & Mass Media Index (EBSCO CMMC)|
|Educational Research Abstracts (ERA by Taylor & Francis)|
|European Reference Index for the Humanities & Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS)|
|Index Islamicus (ProQuest via Brill Libraries)|
|ISC Master Journal List (ISC)|
|Linguistics Abstracts Online (LAO) (Wiley-Blackwell)|
|Linguistic Bibliography (LB by BrillOnline Bibliographies)|
|Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (ProQuest LLBA)|
|MLA Directory of Periodicals|
|MLA International Bibliography|
|Ulrich's Web Global Serial Directory (ProQuest)|
- This list (last updated on December 01, 2015) is not comprehensive; the International Journal of Language Studies may also be covered by many other Abstracting/Indexing (A&I) services which we will add to the above list in our future updates.
- Iranian prospective authors may want to go to this LINK to see which of the above A&Is has been approved by the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
Warning: Beware of fraudulent call for papers
You may have received an email that appears to have been sent by IJLS, inviting you to submit scholarly articles for publication. Please be assured that IJLS is in no way associated with this fraudulent email campaign. If you receive any emails that appear to be a part of this fraudulent solicitation, please do not respond to the message and do not open any attachments it might contain. We assure you that we ONLY post 'call for papers' on the 'Linguist List' and our own 'Call for Papers' page on IJLS web site. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Excerption of materials published in IJLS is permitted only if users credit the source(s) to IJLS in their works--i.e., make references to IJLS as the origin of the materials being excerpted.
How to Subscribe
Individuals and institutions may subscribe to the International Journal of Language Studies through EBSCO. They may also place orders to purchase print-on-demand (PoD) copies of the journal from Lulu Press Inc. Please see our subscription page for more information on subscription and purchase.
Currently authors whose papers are published in this journal DO NOT receive print copies of the journal or offprints of their papers. They only receive a PDF copy through email. Print-on-Demand (PoD) copies are available only from Lulu Press Inc.
- Articles published in IJLS do not represent the views held by the editors and members of the editorial board. Authors are responsible for all aspects of their articles (including legal and ethical issues); IJLS only accepts responsibility for editorial screen design.
- Any instance of author insincerity/dishonesty will automatically result in a REJECT decision on the part of the International Journal of Language Studies. If, after a work is published in IJLS, it is discovered that any author had breached the honesty agreement, their papers will be retracted, legal action will be taken against them, and they will have to accept full responsibility for whatever ensues.
- IJLS has absolutely NO sister journals.
- IJLS in independent and is NOT affiliated with any organization.